Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One week of my life

Saturday:
In the morning I was talking to my sister about the last episode of "little mosque on the prairie" and how "JJ" (Rayyan's fiance) broke up with Rayyan at their wedding day, well it was a right decision, they wouldn't mean to each others at all, any way as we were talking about wedding, I asked my sister why we haven't been invited to any wedding for a long time?
" oh come on, as if you would go to their wedding even if they invited you!" my sis said.
" you know I have changed my idea about wedding parties, I think of wedding parties like big congregations ,family, relatives and friends all coming together at the same time, you will meet many relatives who you have not visited for a long time. " , I continued.
while we were discussing it, the phone was ringing, I picked it up , "salaam, this is..... how are you ? do you remember me?" , the man on the phone said.

" Oh yeah of course I do, been a long time ,you are like ancient history now!!..... ........" I replied.
" yeah I know, I am sorry, but surprise ! I want to visit you guys if you are home today," he said it giggling.
we said goodbye and I hung up the phone, I told my sister that it was uncle .(we used to call him uncle when we were kids.but now..I couldn't even remember her wife's name, My dad used to be his close friend.
Long story short, he came and beyond our surprise he brought his son's wedding invitation card. yes now we are going to the wedding on Friday, isn't that great ??!! My Saturday was a surprise day!


Sunday:
I had a doctor appointment Sunday morning , it was a really hot day, when I was on my way back home I bought some fruit, and went towards the bus station , there is an old woman selling newspapers beside the Bus station , I have seen her many times but each time I was in a hurry therefore never noticed her properly. This time I decided to stop by her and look at the papers' headlines, however the old woman didn't like me standing there blocking passersby way so she told me angrily to go away if I wouldn't want to buy anything! I apologized sincerely and opened my bags , offered her some fruit, she refused my offer with a smile on her lips but then asked me if I had grapes, I told her that I could go and buy some , again she giggled and said :"no my dear", after chatting with her for a short while, I bought 2 newspapers , while I was walking away I heard her praying and thanking God, traditionally I would never buy those papers from the political parties that I dislike too much, but now I have to confess that I have never felt better for buying newspapers entire my life .


Monday:


I was watching TV , there was a program about prairies of "Meshkin shahr " Meshkin shahr is one of the small cities of Iran in Ardabil province, they were showing the vast fields of the Red tulips of meshkin shahr. Many of people in the world may know the tulip as dutch flower but Tulip or "Lelah" is indigenous to Iran , A dutch ambassador took the red tulip bulb to Holland in the 16th century. After watching the red tulips on TV I thought of our beautiful environment surrounding us , and how we tend to ignore the power behind it, in fact each and everything has been created by God almighty the merciful as "Saadie" the great poet of 7th century of Iran says: The showers of his boundless mercy have penetrated to every spot,and the banquet of his unstinting liberality is spread out everywhere.


Tuesday:
My favorite day in a week, I have had this feeling since my childhood, any lovely thing has happened on Tuesdays for me, I have never felt sad on Tuesdays, as long as I remember I have had the best curriculum at school on Tuesdays, Tuesday nights TV series have been the best so far, or may be because I was an ex TV addict Tuesdays TV programs have had great impact on my feeling towards Tuesdays. This Tuesday was just like my other Tuesdays, calm, relaxing, ..there s no cloud, there is no wind, there is a purity of the grapes of life, there is bread , basil and cheese to eat............ a simple and beautiful Tuesday.

Wednesday:

8.30 am , I was out shopping some kitchen stuff, outside the supermarket , there were some clovers growing wild, the beauty and simplicity of them attracted my attention and reminded me of the red tulip, I wondered why I underestimated clover's beauty in comparison with the red tulip or other flowers? there is a very nice poem by" suhran sepehri" you may like it:
I wonder why some say the horse is a noble animal, and the dove is lovely And why no one pets the vulture. I wonder why the clover is inferior to the red tulip.
Eyes should be bathed, visions should be changed. words should be bathed word should be very wind word should be the very rain.



Thursday:
I am looking for something to share with my dear readers , but we all know every day is a gift from Allah almighty , so my Thursday is another day and I know that whenever it is
and wherever I am , let me be , the heaven and earth are mine , I will never let mushrooms of nostalgia grow !

Friday:


I have a wonderful prayer for Friday which I would like to share:

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds O' Allah send blessing on Muhammad and on the children of Muhammad. O my Allah ! All praise is for you for that which you decided upon and resolved in the matter of your friends, whom you purified for yourself and for your religion O My Allah Set up truth, destroy falsehood, show teh right path to your friends, humiliate your enemies! O my Allah fulfill our desires,forgive our sins, give us means of livelihood make less our hardship O Allah bring us close to you O Allah Turn the eyes of your mercy upon us Ameen! By the way .....I will go to the wedding this evening!yaaay!





No comments:

Post a Comment